Thermoelectric coolers (TEC or Peltier) create a temperature differential on each side. One side gets hot and the other side gets cool. Therefore, they can be used to either warm something up or cool something down, depending on which side you use. This Peltier works very well as long as you remove the heat from the hot side. After turning on the device, the hot side will heat quickly, the cold side will cool quickly. If you do not remove the heat from the hot side (with a heat sink or other device), the Peltier will quickly reach stasis and do nothing. We recommend using an old computer CPU heatsink or other block of metal to pull heat from the hot side. We were able to use a computer power supply and CPU heatsink to make the cold side so uncomfortable we could not hold our finger to it.
Get cold or heat up by simply reversing the polarity, used for numerous applications from CPU coolers to alternate power sources, or even for your own custom car drink warmer/cooler.
- Model: TEC1-12706
- Size: 40mm x 40mm x 4mm
- Operates from 0~15.2V DC and 0~6A, in a good condition with heat sink, current will rise to 4A.
- Operates Temperature: -30℃ to 70℃
- Max power consumption: 60 Watts
- These devices must be used together with a heat sink to avoid burned in 2 seconds after powered up
- Each device is full inspected and tested
- Fitted with 6-inch insulated leads
- The side with words are the cooling side, and other side is the warm side.
Peltier Cooling kit can be purchased seperatly.