The Arduino CNC Shield makes it easy to get your CNC projects up and running in a few hours. It uses opensource firmware on Arduino to control 4 stepper motors using 4 A4988 Stepper drivers, with this shield and the Arduino you can build all kinds of robotics or CNC projects including CNC routers,laser cutters and even pick&place machines.
Features of CNC:
- GRBL 0.8c compatible. (Open source firmware that runs on an Arduino UNO that turns G-code commands into stepper signals
- 4-Axis support (X, Y, Z , A-Can duplicate X,Y,Z or do a full 4th axis with custom firmware using pins D12 and D13)
- 2 x End stops for each axis (6 in total)
- Spindle, Coolant enable and direction
- Uses removable A4988 compatible stepper drivers. (A4988, DRV8825 and others)
- Jumpers to set the Micro-Stepping for the stepper drivers. (Some drivers like the DRV8825 can do up to 1/32 micro-stepping )
- Compact design
- Stepper Motors can be connected with 4 pin molex connectors.
- Runs on 12-36V DC (At the moment only the DRV8825 drivers can handle up to 36V so please consider the operation voltage when powering the board.)
Features of A4988:
The A4988 is a carrier board or breakout board for Allegros A4988 DMOS Microstepping Driver with Translator and Overcurrent Protection; we therefore recommend careful reading of the A4988 datasheet before using the driver. This stepper motor driver lets you control one bipolar stepper motor at up to 2 A output current per coil.
Featues of USB Cable A to B cable:
USB cable to power and communicate with most Arduino products.
Features of the Arduino Uno R3 - Compatible:
- ATmega328 microcontroller
- Input voltage - 7-12V
- 14 Digital I/O Pins (6 PWM outputs)
- 6 Analog Inputs
- 32k Flash Memory
- 16Mhz Clock Speed