The Easy-Driver Stepper Motor Driver is a simple to use stepper motor driver, compatible with anything that can output a digital 0 to 5V pulse (or 0 to 3.3V pulse if you solder SJ2 closed on the EasyDriver). EasyDriver requires a 7V to 30V supply to power the motor and can power any voltage of stepper motor. The EasyDriver has an on board voltage regulator for the digital interface that can be set to 5V or 3.3V. Connect a 4-wire stepper motor and a MCU and youve got precision motor control!
EasyDriver drives bi-polar motors, and motors wired as bi-polar. I.e. 4,6, or 8 wire stepper motors.
This is the newest version of EasyDriver V4. It provides much more flexibility and control over your stepper motor, when compared to older versions. The microstep select (MS1 and MS2) pins of the A3967 are broken out allowing adjustments to the microstepping resolution. The sleep and enable pins are also broken out for further control.
- Do not connect or disconnect a motor while the driver is energized. This will cause permanent damage to the A3967 IC.
- Better use high power supply when drive high power motors, voltage should be NOT over 30V
Stepper motors usually have a defined number of steps or step angle parameters, general motor revolution is divided into 200 steps, that is, step angle of 1.8 degrees, EasyDriver having a step away from the breakdown of features, this drive plate segments 8 segments, that is, every step of the motor is subdivided into 8 small step, this can be able to get more precise control, that EasyDriver 1600 steps needed to complete a full 360 degree rotation.
- ms1 and ms2 is a stepper motor subdivision resolution selection logic input;
- dir is the choice of opening direction of the motor;
- reset chip for resetting the initial value, block all external output;
- step is the pulse input port;
- out1a, out1b, out2a, out2b to h bridge two output ports;
- enable to enable terminal;
- sleep the sleep mode;
- sense1, sense2 are the h bridge current sensing resistor;
- ref is a reference voltage;
- gnd is the logic ground and power ground;
- rc1, rc2 are the h bridge fixed deadline for the analog input.
Features of the Easy Drive Stepper Motor Driver:
- A3967 microstepping driver
- MS1 and MS2 pins broken out to change microstepping resolution to full, half, quarter and eighth steps (defaults to eighth)
- Compatible with 4, 6, and 8 wire stepper motors of any voltage
- Adjustable current control from 150mA/phase to 750mA/phase
- Power supply range from 7V to 30V. The higher the voltage, the higher the torque at high speeds
Introduction of A3967:
A3967slb US allegro produced by pwm constant current control micro-step drive two-phase stepper motor dedicated driver. Its working voltage up to 30v, the drive current of 750ma, a a3967slb to drive a two-phase stepper motor can achieve 8 segments driven.
Pwm chip inside the current control circuit can be added to the pfd voltage is set to slow, fast, mixing three current decay mode, if the voltage is higher than pfd end 0.6vdd, select the slow decay mode. If less than 0.21vdd, select fast decay mode. Between the two in mixed decay modes. In addition, a3967slb can provide comprehensive protection measures, including transient voltage suppression, thermal protection, to prevent pass-through current, under voltage lock function.
No additional a3967slb between the microprocessor and other interface circuits, the chip using easystepper
interface, decreased control lines from 8 to 2 (step and direction), simply by entering the stepper motor control pulse, its embedded converter can be achieved on stepper motor control.
a3967slb also need some resistors, capacitors to adjust its operating parameters, the entire drive circuit is very simple