PL2303HX USB to TTL to UART RS232 COM Cable Module Converter
USB to TTL converters are essential for prototyping as they provide a direct interface with the target device. This module connects to your computer USB port and there are 4 wires which connect with your target device.
- Fully enclosed professional finish.
- Built-in PL2303 USB to Serial Controller
- Designed to be used for USB to TTL electronic projects
- TTL interface output, easy to connect to your MCU
- Dual 3.3V and 5V Power output (by Changing the red wire termination)
- Can independantly power the circuit with 5V or 3.3V
- Compact design
- Red - power. This pin provides up to 500mA current. Please note: You should not use other power supplies if you choose to power the target device with this Adaptor.
- Black - ground (always needed, regardless if the Adaptor is powering the target device or not)
- White RX (3.3V, which is compatible with 5V logic)
- Green TX (3.3V, which is compatible with 5V logic)
3.3V and 5V Selection:
Open the plastic case (twist the USB connector and then evenly pull apart the plastic case) and change the red wire termination from the pad marked 5V or 3V3.
Supports the following Windows OSes:
- Windows 98SE
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000 SP4
- Windows XP SP2 and above (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2003 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 / 2008 R2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 & 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)
- NOTE: For Windows 7, please use RC build 7100 or above.