Polymorph is a revolutionary thermoplastic, set to have a major impact on model making and prototyping. When formed, it has all the characteristics of a tough ‘engineering’ material yet it fuses and becomes easily mouldable at just 62°C. It can be heated with hot water or a hair dryer and moulded by hand to create prototypes and solve manufacturing problems currently outside the capacity of other materials. Polymorph can be remelted and used over and over again.
- This is1kg polymorph
- Available in different weights (on request)
- Revolutionary plastic that melts in hot water and can be moulded by hand
- Non-toxic, biodegradable polyester thermoplastic
- Hardens as it cools - similar strength as nylon and retains suitable flexibilty without easily cracking under pressure
- Becomes easily mouldable at just 62C, so placing granules in a beaker of boiled water will melt it
- Not satisfied with your molding - just remelt it and start again!
- Rapid prototyping
- Fabrication of mechanical parts Armatures/frames for models
- Specialised components - e.g. motor mountings
- Joining components together
- Mouldings for handles & orthopaedic aids
- Vacuum forming moulds
- Can be pressed into sheets and rolled into rods
- Small-scale modeling
- Repair of plastic objects
- Density(g/cm3 , 25 C) Approximately 1.10
- Melting point is 60-63C and can be shaped in low temperature
- Do not overheat - this will not increase it's properties but will increase the risk of burning yourself
- CO2 and H2O will be released after 6-12 months, so it may not be suitable for permanent solutions
- When sealed please stock it far away from fire sources and children. Always take caution, as it can burn you - make sure that when melted it is at a comfortable temperature before handling.