Remember the NodeMCU - The ESP8266 based development board that pioneered the current IoT boards? - Meet its mother.
The LOLIN32 is very similar to the NodeMCU, taking on the same form factor and general pinout layout. It contains WiFi, Bluetooth but also includes a JST Connector for charging single cell lithium-ion batteries.
This deals with issues that many are facing with trying to pair ESP8266 devices + Lithium Chargers. Here we have this all on 1 board with a much more powerful processor.
- IoT Sensor Monitoring - Temperature, Moisture, Waterlevel, etc
- WiFi Communication for backup alarms
- Applications requiring portable communication
- Tracking (with added GPS)
- 2.4Ghz WiFi
- BLE Bluetooth
- 4MB Flash
- Lithium battery interface, 500mA Max charging current
- Onboard USB + Serial Chip (CP2104 UART to Serial)
- Operating Voltage 3.3V
- Digital I/O Pins 26
- Analog Input Pins 12
- Clock Speed(Max) 240Mhz
- Flash 4M bytes
- Length 58mm
- Width 25.4mm
- Weight 5.8g
- Battery Pin: PH-2 2.0mm
- Max Charging Current: 500mA