The development board breaks out all the module’s pins to 0.1″ headers and provides a CP2102 USB-TTL serial adapter, programming and reset buttons, and a power regulator to supply the ESP32 with a stable 3.3 V. They doubled-down on the CPU resources for the ESP32 with a dual core, running at 160MHz and tons more pins and peripherals.
ESP32 Test Fixture:
Note: ESP32 Test Fixture not Included ESP32 Module, Plus 1 USD to get a ESP32S Module Breakout, Plus 2 USD to get a ESP32-ALB Module
Overview of ESP32 Test Fixture:
The ESP32 Test Fixture or development board breaks out all the module’s pins to 0.1″ headers and provides a CP2102 USB-TTL serial adapter, programming and reset buttons, and a power regulator to supply the ESP32 with a stable 3.3 V. Espressif doubled-down on the CPU resources for the ESP32 with a dual core, running at 160MHz and tons more pins and peripherals.
Overview of ESP32 Chip
ESP32 is a single chip 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth combo chip designed with TSMC ultra low power 40 nm technology. It is designed and optimized for the best power performance, RF performance, robustness, versatility, features and reliability, for a wide variety of applications, and different power profiles.
ESP32 is the most integrated solution for Wi-Fi + Bluetooth applications in the industry with less than 10 external components. ESP32 integrates the antenna switch, RF balun, power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier, filters, and power management modules. As such, the entire solution occupies minimal Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area.
ESP32 is designed for mobile, wearable electronics, and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. It has many features of the state-of-the-art low power chips, including fine resolution clock gating, power modes, and dynamic power scaling.
• CPU and Memory: Xtensa® 32-bit LX6 Dua-core processor, up to 600 DMIPS.
• 448 KByte ROM
• 520 KByte SRAM
• 16 KByte SRAM in RTC.
• QSPI can connect up to 4* Flash/SRAM, each flash should be less than 16 Mbytes.
• Supply Voltage: 2.2V~3.6V
• 802.11 b/g/n/e/i
• Up to 150 Mbps, 802.11 n (2.4 GHz),
• 802.11 e: QoS for wireless multimedia technology.
• WMM-PS, UAPSD
• MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation
• Block ACK
• Fragmentation and defragmentation
• Automatic Beacon monitoring/scanning
• 802.11 i security features: pre-authentication and TSN
• Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)/WPA2/WPA2-Enterprise/Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
• Infrastructure BSS Station mode/SoftAP mode
• Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode and P2P Power Management
• UMA compliant and certified
• Antenna diversity and selection
• Compliant with Bluetooth v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
• Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter without external power amplifier
• Enhanced power control
• +10 dBm transmitting power
• NZIF receiver with -98 dBm sensitivity
• Adaptive Frequency Hopping (AFH)
• Standard HCI based on SDIO/SPI/UART ? High speed UART HCI, up to 4 Mbps
• BT 4.2 controller and host stack
• Service Discover Protocol (SDP)
• General Access Profile (GAP)
• Security Manage Protocol (SMP)
• Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
• All GATT-based profile supported
• SPP-Like GATT-based profile
• BLE Beacon
• A2DP/AVRCP/SPP, HSP/HFP, RFCOMM
• CVSD and SBC for audio codec
• Bluetooth Piconet and Scatternet
• 12-bit SAR ADC up to 18 channels
• 2 × 8-bit D/A converters
• 10 × touch sensors
• Temperature sensor
• 4 × SPI, 2 × I2S, 2 × I2C, 3 × UART
• 1 host (SD/eMMC/SDIO), 1 slave (SDIO/SPI)
• Ethernet MAC interface with dedicated DMA and IEEE 1588 suppor
• CAN 2.0
• IR (TX/RX)
• Motor PWM, LED PWM up to 16 channels
• Hall sensor
• Ultra low power analog pre-amplifier
• Product Dimensions: 55.3mm x 28.0mm x 12.3mm / 2.2″ x 1.1″ x 0.5″
• Product Weight: 9.6g / 0.3oz