This soil moisture sensor consists of two probes which are used to measure the volumetric content of water. The two probes allow the current to pass through the soil and then it gets the resistance value to measure the moisture value. With this sensor you are able to tell when your plants need watering by how moist the soil is in your pot, garden or yard.
When there is more water, the soil will conduct more electricity which means there will be less resistance, therefore, the moisture level will be higher. Dry soil conducts electricity poorly and as a result when there is less water, the soil will conduct less electricity which means there will be more resistance, therefore, the moisture level will be lower.
- This is a simple sensor which can be used to detect soil moisture when the soil moisture deficit module outputs a high level, and vice versa output low.
- Sensitivity adjustable by adjusting the blue digital potentiometer
- Operating voltage 3.3V-5V
- Module dual output mode, digital output, analog output more accurate.
- With fixed bolt hole for easy installation
- Small board PCB size: 3cm * 1.6cm
- Power indicator (red) and digital switching output indicator (green)
- Comparator LM393 chip
- VCC connect to 3.3V-5V
- GND connect to GND
- DO digital value output connector（0 or 1）
- AO analog value output connector
- Soil moisture module is generally used to detect the moisture content of the soil.
- When the module can not reach the threshold value, DO port will output high, when the the soil humidity exceeds a set threshold value, the module DO will output low
- The small board digital output can be connected directly to the MCU. The MCU is to detect high and low and the soil moisture
- Small board digital output can directly drive a buzzer module or relay module, which can form a soil moisture alarm
- Small board analog output AO and AD module connected through the AD converter is able to provide you with more precise values of soil moisture
- Sensor probe
- Detecting board