The NodeMCU is a ESP8266 Wifi Module based development board. It has got Micro USB slot that can be directly connected to the computer or other USB host devices.
This Module is based on ESP-12/ESP8266 WiFi Module by AI thinker and integrates a 3.3V Regulator, GPIO, PWM, IIC, 1-Wire and ADC all in one board.
The default firmware for this board is the NodeMCU firmware, which is a LUA interpreter. A user application can be stored in the Flash ROM in the form of a LUA script.
- Based on ESP-12E ESP8266 wifi board
- All I/Os output
- No need to press reset/flash for pgoramming
- Open source support: www.nodemcu.com
- R2 version has CP2102 USB-TTL converter
- Larger current support
- slim board can be installed on breadboard
- Supports windows 8.1 by CP2102, and support ESPlorer