This LM2596 Constant Voltage / Constant Current (CC/CV) regulator module is a very flexible and adaptable charging solution that can provide either a Constant Voltage (CV) or Constant Current (CC) output.
With a variable output voltage range of 1.25V to 30V and variable output current up to 3A, it is ideal for use as an LED or laser diode current source/driver, a battery charger, a lab current/voltage source, or to regulate the output of solar panels to charge energy storage batteries.
Non-Isolated step-down constant current, constant voltage module (CC CV charging module)
Input Voltage: 7V to 35V
Output voltage: Continuously adjustable from 1.25V to 35V
Minimum voltage difference (Input V - Output V)
Maximum Output Current: 3A (If the output exceeds 15W, please install a heat sink)
Constant Current Range: Up to 3A (adjustable)
Output Power: 15W with natural cooling, 25W with heatsink
Conversion efficiency: Up to 92%
Full load temperature rise: 45 degrees celsius
No-Load Current: Typically 10mA (12V switch to 4.2V)
Load Regulation: ± 0.5%
Voltage Regulation: ± 2.5%
Dynamic Response Speed: 5% 200uS
Potentiometer adjustment direction: clockwise to increase, counter clockwise to decrease
- CC/CV Red LED: Charging in constant current mode
- CH Blue LED: Fully charged
- OK Red LED: Charging in Constant Voltage Mode
- Output short circuit protection
- No input reverse polarity protection, please take note of input voltage specifications or place an input reverse polarity protection diode in series.
- Operating temperature: Industrial grade (-40C to +85C) (if ambient temperature exceeds 40C, reduce power or add a heatsink)
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as an LED Constant Current Driver:
1. Make sure of the operating current and maximum operating voltage of the LED you will drive
2. With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the LED maximum operating voltage.
3. Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure the output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the required LED operating current.
4. Connect the LED to the module and test.
5. The module can drive multiple LEDs in series, parallel or in series/parallel strings, as long as the maximum voltage and current of the string does not exceed the 30V maximum output voltage and 3A maximum output current of the driver module.
To use the LM2596 CC/CV Regulator Module as a Battery Charger:
1. Make sure of the charging voltage and current of the battery you need to charge.
2. With no load connected to the output of the module (open circuit), adjust the Constant Voltage potentiometer CV to set the output voltage to the battery charge voltage.
3. Short-circuit the module output, and use a multimeter in 10A current scale to measure the output short-circuit current, and adjust the Current Potentiometer CC to set the output current to the expected charging current value.
4. Charge transfer lamp (CH) current default value is 0.1 times the charging current (constant current value). For lamp current adjustment, turn middle Charging Convert potentiometer adjustment.
5. Connect the module outputs to the battery and try charging.
- High Power (up to 3A) LED or Laser Diode constant current driver
- Lithium battery charger
- 4V, 6V, 12V, or 24V nickel cadmium or nickel metal hydride battery charger
- High conversion efficiency when used with 12V battery input
- Adjustable voltage or current source
- Dimming devices
- Regulate output of solar panels and wind turbines